Clutch need replacing?
One of the tell-tale signs your clutch is wearing out is when the usual 'biting point' becomes erratic and ultimately will start to slip.
Our Team of local and friendly professional staff can advise you on a FREE quotation and have your clutch replaced in no time!
We supply and fit car clutches and gearboxes to suit all makes and models of cars.
Heres a few tips to prolong the life of car clutches
- Don’t rest your foot on the clutch pedal while driving; you will take up the slack between thrust and release bearings and wear them out
- Don’t leave the car in gear with your foot on the clutch at traffic lights for the same reason
- Don’t hold the car on a hill by slipping the clutch for longer than absolutely necessary when doing a hill-start. You will wear out the friction surface
- Release the handbrake gradually with your thumb on the release button as you lift the clutch and press the accelerator
- Don’t slip clutches deliberately to avoid changing gear
- Make sure that there is a little free play in the pedal movement before you start to feel the weight; if there is no slack you may need to adjust the cable housing or the clutch rod
- If you have hydraulic clutch control, make sure the reservoir is as well topped up as that for the brake system. How will I know if my clutch is worn out?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms for your clutch wait until it’s too late and call us today on: 01293 286 258.